If you like cars and feel like doing something good, your in luck. The 2011 University of Maryland Spring Car Meet will not only feature a fun day of cool cars and activities, but the proceeds will go to Martha's Table. So there is no reason you should not go or attend the show.
2011 University of Maryland Spring Car Meet to benefit Martha's Table
hosted by College Park Tuning
• Thousands of different cars
• Dyno pulls
• Live DJ
• 50/50 Raffle
• Raffle Prizes
They will be asking a 1 non-perishable food item per person (if you have more bring them) after you enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, the organizers will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (http://www.marthastable.org).
Fedex Field Parking Lots E and F between Arena Dr and Redskins Rd
*We have 6,200 spaces so unlike past years I don't think we will have parking issues*
Directions to Fedex Layout of the meet
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*
Sunday, May 1st, 2011
Noon, 12:00 pm. I know some of you might show up early but remember this year there is 6,200 spaces instead of 2,300
They will probably start packing things up at 7pm
Bring your own food and don't make a mess. NO DUMPING COAL AT FEDEX.
• $75.00 for 2 – 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow this link. They are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.
The people have spoken and if you want to reserve space for your club or group you need to contact the organizer ASAP and give them an approximate head count by April 22nd. If you want to have a tent for your group there is a fee associated with that (Fedex's fee, not mine). If you put up a tent and don't pay this fee you will have to take it down.
1. Be respectful of other peoples cars. Please do not touch a persons car without their consent
2. No tents (unless your group contacts email@example.com ASAP, Fedex requires us to pay a tent permit fee)
3. No alcohol
4. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
5. Chairs are permitted everywhere but no taking up parking spaces with them
6. No saving spaces (Unless your group or forum contacts us before hand at firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. No burnouts or anything stupid. Police will be at the event and cameras are rolling 24/7 at Fedex