The 2013 Washington Auto Show kicked off today, February 1st, and this year looks like it will be even better than last year. Packed with Celebrity guests, the Advanced Technology Superhighway, the 2013 Green Technology Award, and lots of policy talk people should have at the 2013 Washington Auto Show.
Washington, D.C. has long been the site of the country’s greatest ambitions for progress. The 2013 Washington Auto Show not only symbolizes the brightest and boldest dreams of the auto industry but marks the show’s transformation over the years. The Washington Auto Show has not only become the largest public show in Washington, D.C., it’s also the premier address for showcasing the latest innovations in sustainable technologies and drawing the most influential leaders in the industry.
This year, hundreds of thousands of visitors, including many environmental and automotive visionaries, will explore the more than 700 new makes and models from over 42 manufacturers at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
The 2013 show marks a new era for Washington, D.C.’s largest public show. With its doubled time frame, from five to ten days, it’s an even bigger bonanza for area residents to enjoy the fully stocked, two-story convention center with an automotive showcase many describe as “new-car heaven.”
Many manufacturers come to Washington DC not only to display the best of what they will be offering in the new year but what they will be able offering in the future as well with prototypes. You should also expect to see a good amount of Supercars and Exotics at the show too.
Also with the heavy political influence in Washington DC a lot of policy talk goes on. If this is your cup of tea, you will be excited to go.
Probably most people will enjoy the celebrity appearances more. Notable celebrities includes:
- Karina Smirnoff – The Ukrainian professional ballroom dancer and winner of the 13th season of the well known TV show on ABC, “Dancing with the Stars,” will be at the Washington Auto Show on Tuesday evening, February 5th, 2013.
- London Fletcher – Linebacker for the Washington Redskins will be in attendance to sign autographs Thursday February 7th, 2013 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Richard Rawlings – The owner of Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas, Texas. He is currently featured on the Discovery Channel’s”Fast N’ Loud” television show. In the show, Richard, along with his partner, Aaron Kaufmann, search for, buy, and restore classic cars for auction in Texas and other nearby states. He will be at the show on February 5th, 2013 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Randy Orton – World Wresting Entertainment (WWE) superstar. Randy Orton was destined for a career in sports entertainment. After all, not every WWE Superstar can claim the title of “Youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE History”. Then again, Randy Orton is also one of the only third-generation Superstars in WWE history. The son of WWE Hall of Famer “Cowboy” Bob Orton, nephew of Barry “Barry O” Orton and grandson of “The Big O” Bob Orton, Randy comes from a distinctive bloodline. He will be making an appearance at the show on February 6th, 2013 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
- c “The Great White” – Another WWE star known to fans worldwide as “The Great White”, WWE Superstar Sheamus will be appearing Thursday, February 7th, 2013 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Penelope Menchaca – host from Telemundo’s “12 Corazones” will be appearing Sunday, February 3 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
- Johnny Lozada – From Univision’s “Despierta America” will be appearing Sunday, February 3 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
- Garrett Reisman – A real NASA Astronaut will be signing autographs on the Toyota Live Stage on Sunday, February from 11:00am and 1:00pm
Other appearances will includes kids favorites such as PBS characters, Captain Planet, and Talking Friends. US Army bands will also be in attendance at the show. For a full list of appearances and times visit the website.
The Washington Auto Show is holding a Military Day on February 5th, 2013. This means if you are a member of the military or a proud veteran who served our country you will be admitted to the Washington Auto Show for FREE! All you have to do is show a valid military ID, or DD214 (discharge papers) and photo ID to get Free Admission to the wonderful auto show.
If you love cars and are in the Washington DC and surround area then you need to get yourself down to the 2013 Washington Auto Show.
Date: February 1st – 10th, 2013
Location: Walter E. Washington Convention Center 801 Mount Vernon Place, N.W. Washington, DC 20001
Tickets Prices: Adults $12, Children 6-12 $5, Kids 5 and under are FREE
Visit the website for more information: http://www.washingtonautoshow.com