I think what most guys enjoyed at the 2012 Timonium Motorcycle Show, besides all the amazing motorcycles of course, was the International Bikini Team contest, which had several events over the three day show. The best event by far was obviously the Bikini Round. It was a definite highlight to see all those beautiful ladies walk around in minimal clothing. While the Bikini contest was taking place though someone several booths had some sort of medical emergency and the women hosting the contest ask, “Is there a Doctor here anywhere?” One of the Bikini contestants, Malissa, ran off the stage and through the crowd to help. She is a registered nurse. Additionally several of the other bikini contestants had similar training. I wasn’t able to see what was going on, but it is nice to know beautiful Bikini clad ladies can help. When the Bikini contest resumed Hannah Baker was announced the winner. She will get a chance to compete in the International Bikini Team U.S. Finals in the Bahamas this coming August. What a lucky girl Hannah is! Second place was the Malissa Jayne and third place was Julia Tirenna. All the girls deserved a prize in my opinion though.
If you love motorcycles, chrome, leather, and hot babes, than the 2012 Timonium Motorcycle Show was the place for you to be. The Timonium Motorcycle Show takes place at the Maryland State Fairgrounds every year in February and is one of the largest indoor bike shows up and down the Mid-Atlantic. The show covers around 750,000 square feet of floor space and features all sorts of exciting events and bikes over the three days it takes place.
This year’s show, which took place February 10th-12th, was a cold weekend. A little cold never keeps bikers away as the parking lot was packed, as usual. Walking in from the parking lot you can always tell the enormity of the event by the all the out-of-state license plates, Virginia, Pennsylvania, even as far away as North Carolina. Luckily those people didn’t drive all that way for nothing as this year’s show was quite good.
Walking into the entrance you are greeted by a glorious display of Harley-Davidson motorcycles showcased by Harley-Davidson of Baltimore. My favorite Harley at the show? Honestly… it is too hard to decide.
Behind the Harley-Davidson display was Bob’s BMW with their exciting BMW offerings, which included the special K-1300S HP package. Improving upon BMW’s amazing K-1300 S, the K-1300 S HP package offers a 175-horsepower with carbon parts for the front wheel cover, battery cover and rear seat cowling, making the bike light. It also has a beautiful Akrapović sports silencer and a paddock stand. Only 750 of these amazing motorcycle will be made, which is disappointing, but at least I was able to see one.
Victory Motorcycles was also at the show. The bike everyone always seems to crowd I have noticed is the Victory Vision Tourer. It’s striking lines and amazing shape really catch the eye and make a lot of people stop to take a closer look. It screams, “Ride me!”
Some other brands I enjoyed seeing at Timonium Motorcycle Show were Triumph and Indian. There is something about the classic look of the Triumph Bonneville and Triumph Scramblers which is so hard not to love. It takes me back to a simpler time, when I wasn’t even alive! I talked with the salesmen about how it has been selling motorcycles in this economy and it seems Triumph sales have endured. As the Bonneville is a popular among celebrities and Marlon Brando rode a Triumph in the famous movie “The Wild One.”
The beautiful Indian Chiefs on display form Indian Motorcycles of New Jersey were quite amazing too. Lots of people stopped and commented on how beautiful the bikes were. Better save your money because the least expensive Chief model starts around $26,000. Worth, probably.
There were also many custom bikes at the show. Paul Teutal Jr.’s first he built after he split from Orange County Choppers was on display at the Geico Insurance booth. The Geico Insurance bike is a cool looking bike, but it has fairly useless infrared sensor. One of my favorites at the show every year is a motorcycle dedicated to The Beatles. The gas tank is adorned with the famous Abbey Road album cover picture. Who doesn’t love the Beatles? Most interesting vehicle of any kind would have to be the Monocycle. That thing must be hard to ride and control! There were countless other amazing custom motorcycles at the show as well.
Every bike enthusiasts has a different style and taste, and most likely you will find something that will suit your style at the Timonium Motorcycle Show. Since this year was the 10th Anniversary of the show, it felt particularly exciting experience. If you missed it this year, be sure to check it out next year. See my pictures below and check out my International Bikini Team Contest coverage.
2012 ‘Best Of’ Award Winners
Judge’s Choice Best of Show: #5702 Denny Ritchie / 2010 Roadkill Chopper
People’s Choice Best of Show: #5715 Rick Levitan / 2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide – ‘Beatles Themed Bike’
Best Display of Show: #5505 Curtis Wolfe / 1966 Harley Davidson Sportster
Best Handcrafted Parts: #5711 Troy Helmick / 1974 Honda CL 360
Best Paint of Show: #5207 Kevin Webb / 2007 Harley Davidson Nightrain
3rd Annual Beatris Landis Memorial Award for Best Antique
Best Antique of Show: #5818 Brian Kehoe / 1939 Indian Jr. Scout
Publishers Choice Award – Presented By Born to Ride Magazine
#3010 John Nicklin / 1976 Honda Radical Trike
For pictures of the winners check Timonium Motorcycle Show’s Website.
Some people might be excited about the Baltimore Auto Show that kicked off today. Those who love motorcycles in the Baltimore area should be equally excited. That is because the 2012 Timonium Motorcycle Show is this weekend and looks to be better than every.
The Timonium Motorcycle Show is the Mid-Atlantic regions largest motorcycle show and takes place at the Maryland State Fairgrounds. New bikes from all the major manufacturers will be covering over 175,000 sq ft. of indoor floorspace. There will also be custom bike galore as bikers car show off their motorcycles to win in the Bike Show in lots of different classes. Exhibitors will be selling all sorts of motorcycle goods, accessories, and services.
As usual Michele Smith, the actress and model who hosts “Two Wheel Thunder on the Discover Channel, will be at the show all three days. She will act as a host and master of ceremonies for several of the planned events. Emilo Rivera, who plays Marcus Alvarez on the hit FX show “Sons of Anarchy,” will be at the show on Saturday and Sunday to meet the fans. You can meet him up close and personal, but I hope he is nicer than his character on TV. Ron Finch, the famous custom bike builder, will be in attendance too. His motorcycles truly are works of art formed out of metal.
Something most guys will be looking forward to is the International Bikini Team competition taking place over the three days of the show. The lovely contestants will vie for a chance to win a spot to go to the International Bikini Team U.S. Finals in the Bahamas in August. I can imagine the competition will be strong and the girls will be pulling out all the stops to win. I will be looking forward to this.
If you love motorcycles, the 2012 Timonium Motorcycle Show will be the place for you to be this weekend. The show will be so jam packed with great events, motorcycles, and offerings it is hard to write about it all. Visit the website for more information and the schedule of events.
What: 2012 Timonium Motorcycle Show
When: February 10th-12th (Friday-Sunday)
Where: Maryland State Fairgrounds, 2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093
Admission: $15 for Adults ($10 with $5 off coupon via website), $5 for Children 10-15 years old, Free Children under 10
One of the largest car shows and events in Maryland is taking place this weekend (November 5-6th, 2011) at the Maryland International Raceway, the 16th Annual Import vs. Domestic World Cup Finals. It will feature drag racing, a great custom car show, a huge vendor midway, live music, DJS, and a bikini contest (of course it must be cold for the girls in November!).
The car show should have 500 cars of all types. Cruisers, hot rod, tuners, classics, imports, exotics, etc. So there should be something there to fit everyone’s tastes. The vendor midway will have over 2000 different vendors selling a huge variety of automotive products. The stunning model Jessica Barton will host the bikini contest and car show awards to the winners.
In the past thousands of people have attended. It will be a great time, so be sure to go if you are free this weekend.
Maryland International Raceway
27861 Budds Creek Road
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
For more info visit: http://www.importvsdomestic.com/
Get ready for Tuner Evolution this Saturday, July 16th at Sovereign Bank Stadium in York, PA. It’s going to be an amazing show. There will be many events and activities including:
- The Anti Team Motorcycle Stunt Crew will be performing amazing motorcycle tricks and stunts.
- Model Lounge, will feature some the hottest models in the import world. Models will be some of the best newcomers and veterans in the industry.
- Bikini Contest, What would a car show be without a Bikini Contest? Nice looking ladies will be participating for a chance to win money. I’m sure this will not interest male attendees though!
- The Wheelie Machine, will be at the show so you can experience riding a wheelie in a controlled and safe manner.
- Motorcycle Midway, new for this year’s show it’s going to feature some of the most amazing custom motorcycles.
- Hooters Wing Eating Competition, presented by Hooters of York. Try eating as many wings as you can.
- Roburritos Burrito Eating Contest, contestants try to eat a 5lb burrito full of hot sauce as quickly as possible. Good luck if you want to try this!
- AM Flatland Circuit Freestyle BMX Competition, “Freestyle break dancing on a bike.” this sport is rising in recognition and popularity. Amateurs and pros will be performing.
- Driftsylvania RC Drift Demo, this is RC Drifting at it’s best!
- Basic 717, will be playing cool music throughout the show from currents hits to oldies.
- US Army Rock Climbing Wall, here’s your chance to finally try climbing.
- Kids Playground, A new feature of the show that has a carousel, climbing area, slides, and other great things for kids. Drop them off here and forget about them for the day. It’s a completely supervised environment.
- Ramon Foster, of the Pittsburgh Steelers, will be on hand to sign autographs and meet with fans throughout the show.
- Phene, a great hip-hip artist who has performed with Lloyd, Cassidy and other artists. His has 7 solo mix projects and 400 mixtape appearances.
- Pete Colello, over the years Pete has made some of the craziest and most creative show vehicles. He will have his Camaro on display with twin turbo and the VIP Hyundai Equus.
- Aaron Vaccar, is the youngest out of Vaccar family brood. He will be featuring his AutoLife tour on a stacker trailer with, one-of-a-kind vehicles, lifestyle lounge, and give-aways. Only 20 events will be lucky enough to have the Autolife tour this year and Tuner Evolution is one of them.
- Neil Tjin, an extremely influential automotive designer. He and his staff have built 60 high profile vehicles over 14 years. Stop by the Tjin Edition Roadshow to see some of the best aftermarket products. Check out Tjin Edition Ford Mustang GT 5.0 and the Tjin Edition Ford Fiesta.
- Ramon Trevino, is an exceptional Graffitti artist. He will be at the show demonstrating his art abilities.
I will be going up to cover the show. I hope to see you there!
For additional info visit: http://www.tuner-evolution.com/